Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Liebster Award

I'm excited to say that I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Donna, of Badger State Speechy. The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers, to new bloggers with less than 200 email followers, to help them get their blog started and welcome them to the blogosphere. Anyone who is nominated is then asked to nominate others. To accept the award, the blogger must answer 11 questions posed by the blogger who nominated them. Thank you so much to Donna for nominating me!

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I began blogging in August 2014. About six months before that I came across a wonderful website, Teachers Pay Teachers, while frantically searching for materials and activities to use with older students. In doing that, I discovered all of these amazing blogs created by SLPs that I just LOVED reading. I enjoyed reading them so much that I decided to embark on the blogging journey myself. :)

2. What one word sums up the heart of the blog and why?
SIMPLE. I don't know if this is an asset or a flaw, but I am truly a simple person at heart. Since our jobs as speech-language pathologists are so all-encompassing, I try to simplify my job as much as possible. Doing this helps me to feel much more organized and effective. In writing this blog and creating materials for others to use as well, I'm trying to make other's work lives as simple as possible too.

3. Is there something that you learned late in your blog journey that you wished you had known before?
Hmm, I don't know that there's anything that I've learned that I wish I knew before. I just wish I would have taken the time and started blogging sooner! I honestly learn new things each and everyday from this new adventure, and it has been amazing to say the least.

4. What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?
I love decorating! I could spend hours looking through magazines and pinterest for home decor ideas. LOVE it!

5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
This is a tough one! Honestly, I devote as many hours as I can on a given week. It certainly ebbs and flows due to life in general. I really am trying to find a way to devote more hours to blogging and creating materials and to become more organized with it all. One day, I'll get there!! :)

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I LOVE reading other speech blogs. I seriously can't get enough! Because of the fact that I am the only full time SLP at my school, I am not always able to bounce ideas off of other SLPs (like I used to in private practice- that was SO nice to have!). So, this is my outlet for learning and collaborating with others in my field.

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
So many things inspire me!! I'm always thinking of new ideas and activities to write about. I'm trying to take my inspiration from my daily work life and create simple, effective ways to do therapy.

8. What post have you written that you are most proud of?
I am most proud of Ideas for Using Articulation Cards in Therapy. I want to do more like this one and am planning to very soon.  So many ideas floating around my head!!!

9. Is there any post that you have been planning to do but keep postponing?
I hate to admit it, but this one!! I have been planning to write this post since Donna nominated me, but I wanted to take a little more time to be able to answer these questions with some blogging under my belt. If I had written it back in October, I wouldn't have had as much experience to base my answers on. So, I'm glad that I waited! :)

10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I LOVE that I have met so many wonderful SLP bloggers and am able to learn and collaborate with them. I am awed by all of these ladies and their creativity! It has truly been a great experience so far!!

11. What recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself?
Donna has many great ideas!! I really like the idea of a speech ladder and would love to incorporate something like this into my room. Find it HERE.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to nominate me, Donna!!  Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:

School SLP
Speech is Sweet
NW Speech Therapy Blog

Please check out their blogs- they are wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment