Thursday, January 1, 2015

SLP New Year's Resolutions for 2015

Happy New Year!! I'm linking up with Natalie Snyders to talk about my work-related resolutions for the upcoming year.


1. I would LOVE to learn more about AAC options for non-verbal students. It's hard to know which path to choose for each individual student and what will work best for them. I find that it's a lot of trial and error, and I think it would help if I knew more about the area in general. I'm currently looking into CEU courses on this subject to attend this year.

2. Revise and improve my data tracking system. I made data sheets in the beginning of the year for each student, and while they get the job done, I would love to have a more efficient/organized way to take data- especially when I see students in groups. There is just not enough table space for ALL my data sheets, plus materials!  I want to have more individualized data sheets for each area- articulation, language, etc. Hopefully that will help the never-ending battle that I have with taking data!

3. Be MORE flexible. As each year goes by that I spend working in the schools (I'm currently in my 3rd year) I slowly learn to become more flexible. People tell me that I'm a patient person, but I don't think that I am! Maybe I'm a good actress, haha, because when things change last minute (usually BIG things, like when a teacher says- "We're having a meeting for a student this afternoon who needs a speech evaluation and we forgot to tell you about it until now, sorry"), I may seem ok on the outside, but I'm FREAKING OUT on the inside!! I'm trying my best to realize that things come up, changes are made, last minute meetings happen, and the better I am able to accept these, the better off I will be :)

So there it is folks! I could go on and on about the changes and improvements I'd like to make this year, but I think beginning the year with 3 is a great start! :)

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment